Amano Shrimp | Juvenile
₹250.00 – ₹3,300.00 /Pack
- Minimum Tank Size: 20 gal (76 L) – A 10-gallon tank is sufficient to hold the small school this species requires to be comfortable.
- Substrate Type: Any
- Lighting Needs: Moderate – normal lighting
- Temperature: 71.0 to 82.4° F (22.0 to 27.0° C)
- Range ph: 6.0-8.0
- Hardness Range: 5 – 20 dGH
- Brackish: No
- Water Movement: Moderate
- Water Region: bottom and on the Glass
- Main Algae Consumption Types : Green Hair Algae , Black Beard Algae , Brown Algae
- Other Algae Consumption: Rarely consumed, if no food or Preferred algae Available
Amano shrimp Are Aggressive Algae Eaters.They are also Coined with these names Yamato shrimp, Japanese shrimp and algae shrimp.
They were brought to popularity by Takashi Amano, because of their reputation for controlling algae and generally keeping tanks debris free.
Unfortunately within the aquarium trade, there are lots of imposters and lookalikes. Whilst many of these imposters look virtually identical you can tell the difference in their algae clearing ability. There are more than 200 different varieties of Caridina, so you can easily see why much different Shrimp get confused as true Caridina multidentata.
As we Look Into Providing True Caridina Multidentata.
*Note: They will not eat Fish Poop
Scientific Name: Caridina Multidentata
Adult Size of fish – inches: 2 Inches
Lifespan: 2 – 3 years.
Aquarium Hardiness: hardy
Aquarist Experience Level: Intermediate