Black Neon Tetra | Juvenile
₹95.00 – ₹1,080.00 /Pack
- Minimum Tank Size: 20 gal (76 L) – This fish requires at least twenty gallons and a half dozen of its kind to school with.
- Substrate Type: Any – They appreciate a dark gravel.
- Lighting Needs: Low – subdued lighting – Subdued lighting and a dark, shadowy setup will best showcase the iridescence of their coloration.
- Temperature: 75.0 to 82.0° F (23.9 to 27.8° C)
- Breeding Temperature: 80.0° F – Condition breeders at 75° F (24° C) for a few days, then elevate the temperature to 80° F (26.7° C) to stimulate spawning.
- Range ph: 5.0-7.5 – Although it will survive in slightly alkaline water, it tends to be more colorful when kept in acidic conditions
- Hardness Range: 6 – 15 dGH
- Brackish: No
- Water Movement: Moderate
- Water Region: All
The Black Neon Tetra is Praised for its peaceful nature, the Black Neon Tetra is a great addition to any soft water community aquarium. The distinct coloration of the Black Neon Tetra complements the shaded green and yellow hues of most freshwater plants. In turn, the plants offer hiding places for the Black Neon Tetra. The addition of rocks and driftwood also help mirror its natural habitat. The Black Neon Tetra thrives in slightly acidic water and will do best when water parameters are kept constant. The Black Neon Tetra is a schooling fish and will do best if kept in odd numbers of 5 or more.
Scientific Name: Hyphessobrycon Herbertaxelrodi
Adult Size of fish – inches: 1.6
Lifespan: 5 years – They have a lifespan of up to 10 years in the aquarium.
Aquarium Hardiness: Very Hardy
Aquarist Experience Level: Beginner