Cochu’s Blue Tetra | Adult
₹200.00 – ₹2,250.00 /Pack
- Minimum Tank Size: 25 gal (95 L)
- Substrate Type: Any
- Lighting Needs: Moderate – normal lighting
- Temperature: 72° – 82° F (22.2° – 27.7° C)
- Range ph: 5.5 – 7.6
- Hardness Range: 5 – 12 dKH
- Brackish: No
- Water Movement: Moderate
- Water Region: the top and middle level of the water column, although they can often be seen swimming and feeding in the middle and bottom levels as well.
Cochu’s Blue Tetra , also known as the Blue King Tetra, is an excellent choice for many medium to large community aquariums, especially planted aquariums. It is one of the few freshwater aquarium fish that has bright blue coloration. In the case of Cochu’s Blue Tetra, most blue coloration is on the back half of an otherwise nearly transparent body. There is also often pink coloration at the base of the tail. Males are usually more vividly marked than females. This tetra is safe with most other peaceful fish, provided that there is plenty of space in the aquarium. It is extremely active, especially at feeding time, so it can be intimidating to slower-moving fish and it may nip at long-finned fish. This harassing behavior is much less likely in a larger aquarium. Larger, peaceful invertebrates can also make good tankmates.
Scientific Name: Boehlkea Fredcochui
Adult Size of fish – inches: 2 Inches
Lifespan: 5 years – They have a lifespan of 3 to 5 years.
Aquarium Hardiness: hardy
Aquarist Experience Level: Basic