CARDINAL TETRA – Adult
₹200.00 – ₹1,950.00 /Pack
- Minimum Tank Size: 15 gal (57 L)
- Suitable for Nano Tank: Yes
- Substrate Type: Any
- Lighting Needs: Low – subdued lighting – This fish will not show good coloration in brightly light tanks. A dark substrate and some dense plant cover combined with free swimming space will display this fish optimally.
- Temperature: 73.0 to 81.0° F (22.8 to 27.2° C)
- Breeding Temperature: 75.0° F – Provide a minimum breeding temperature of 75° F (25° C), up to 80-82° F (26.6-27.8° C)
- Range ph: 4.5-7.0 – Provide a pH range between 5.0 – 6.0 for breeding.
- Hardness Range: 2 – 8 dGH – Provide a hardness range between 1.0 – 2.0 for breeding.
- Brackish: No
- Water Movement: Moderate
- Water Region: All – This fish will swim anywhere, but it favors the middle of the aquarium or wherever the most swimming space is. It will spend a lot of time in the shadows, mimicking its natural behavior.
The cardinal tetra has a brilliant neon blue stripe running from the nose to the tail. Below this blue stripe is a brilliant red stripe. The vivid red coloration bleeds into the tail, which is otherwise transparent, as are the other fins. The underbelly is a soft white, setting off this beautifully colored fish. A cardinal tetra can be distinguished from a neon tetra by the red color band that extends the entire length of its body. In the neon variety, the red band runs from only the mid-body to tail. Adults will display the best colors when provided with very soft acidic water. Originating in South America, this species is found from the Orinoco River to the Rio Negro tributary of the Amazon River. It is found as far west as western Colombia.
Scientific Name: Paracheirodon Axelrodi
Adult Size of fish – inches: 2
Lifespan: 5 years – They have a lifespan of 3 to 5 years.
Aquarium Hardiness: Moderately Difficult
Aquarist Experience Level: Intermediate