Cherry Barb | Juvenile | Female
₹95.00 – ₹1,080.00 /Pack
- Minimum Tank Size: 30 gal (113 L)
- Substrate Type: Any
- Lighting Needs: Moderate – normal lighting
- Temperature: 73.0 to 79.0° F (22.8 to 26.1° C)
- Breeding Temperature: – Breeding temperatures are between 74 and 79° F (24 – 26° C).
- Range ph: 6.5-7.0
- Hardness Range: 2 – 18 dGH
- Brackish: No
- Water Movement: Moderate
- Water Region: All – These fish will swim in all areas of the aquarium. They especially like to take cover in planted areas.
Cherry Barbs are brightly colored fish and one of the most popular in their family. Their bright colors and schooling nature are adored by aquarists of all levels. They are hardy fish which makes these fish perfect for experts or beginners. This fish will fit nicely into planted tanks as they will use the plants to hide when threatened, especially in the female’s case as males tend to harass females during breeding. It’s important to keep Cherry Barbs in a group to prevent them from going into hiding and being really shy. An albino variant of this barb has also been created using genetic selection. They are like the Cherry Barb but have slightly different behavior. They do not school nearly as much as the normal variants do. Other than that, they will do fine in the same conditions as other Barbs would.
Scientific Name: Puntius Titteya
Adult Size of fish – inches: 2
Lifespan: 4 years – Their average lifespan is 4 years, but with proper care they could live between 5 and 7 years.
Aquarium Hardiness: Moderately hardy
Aquarist Experience Level: Beginner