Colombian Tetra | Adult
₹200.00 – ₹2,100.00 /Pack
- Minimum Tank Size: 20 gal (76 L) – A tank of 50 – 60 gallons is advisable for a school of 6 or more of these active swimmers.
- Substrate Type: Any
- Lighting Needs: Moderate lighting
- Temperature: 75.0 to 81.0° F (24 to 27° C)
- Range ph: 5.5-7.0
- Hardness Range: 6 – 12 dGH
- Fresh Water: Yes
- Water Movement: Moderate
- Water Region: Middle – mostly inhabit the middle & Top of the aquarium.
Colombian Tetra is one of the Stunning fishes that look aggressive but Generally, peaceful making it an ideal resident of the well-researched community aquarium. It’s perhaps best-maintained alongside similarly-sized characids and relatives, smaller callichthyid or smaller catfishes, and non-predatory, medium-sized cichlids as well.
They inhabit small streams in the Acanti River basin of Colombia where there’s heavy vegetation and tree roots enter the water from the banks, allowing this fish good cover. Replicate this by heavy planting in the aquarium.
Scientific Name: Hyphessobrycon Colombianus
Adult Size of fish – inches: 2.76 inches (7 cm).
Lifespan: 5 years – Can have a life span of about 2 to 5 years when kept in a well-maintained aquarium.
Aquarium Hardiness: Hardy
Aquarist Experience Level: beginners – Easy to take care of it, if all needs are met.