Denison Barb | 2 Inches | Mixed Gender
₹450.00 – ₹6,300.00 /Pack
- Minimum Tank Size: 55 gal (208 L)
- Substrate Type: Any
- Lighting Needs: normal lighting
- Temperature: 68.0 to 77.0° F (20.0 to 25.0° C)
- Breeding Temperature: 75.0° F – Recommended breeding conditions: pH 5.0-6.0, 1-2 dGH, temperature 75° F.
- Range ph: 6.8-7.8
- Hardness Range: 5– 25 dGH
- Brackish: No
- Water Movement: Needs highly-oxygenated, pristine water and a high flow rate
- Water Region: All – These fish will swim in all areas but tend to favor the middle of the aquarium or wherever the most swimming space is.
The Denison Barb, also known as the Red Lined Torpedo Barb, Rose Line Shark, Miss Kerala is a longer fish when compared to the other barbs. The coloration of this fish is silver in color with a black line running the length of its body and a red stripe across its eyes. It also has a red edge on its dorsal fin and yellow and black accents on the end of its tail. Unlike some of the other barbs, this is a peaceful fish that is a welcome addition to any larger community aquarium. They should be kept in groups ,they are extremely active, darting around the tank in a beautiful, sparkling school.. In nature, they are found in fast moving streams and appreciate a high oxygen level in aquarium water.
Scientific Name: Sahyadria Denisonii
Adult Size of fish – inches: 4.3
Lifespan: 5 years – They have a lifespan of 3 to 5 years.
Aquarium Hardiness: Delicate
Aquarist Experience Level: Intermediate