Golden Algae Eater | Adult
₹100.00 – ₹1,080.00 /Pack
- Minimum Tank Size: 20 gal (76 L) – A 10-gallon tank is sufficient to hold the small school this species requires to be comfortable.
- Substrate Type: Any
- Lighting Needs: Moderate – normal lighting
- Temperature: 71.0 to 82.4° F (22.0 to 27.0° C)
- Range ph: 6.0-8.0
- Hardness Range: 5 – 20 dGH
- Brackish: No
- Water Movement: Moderate
- Water Region: bottom and on the Glass
- Main Algae Consumption Types : Nothing Particular
- Other Algae Consumption: It feeds on all types present in Tank
Golden Chinese Algae Eater’s are an albino variant of the common Chinese Algae Eater, which have been selectively bred over the years to increase their availability within the hobby and enhance their coloration. Gold Algae Eater’s exhibit a striking goldish / yellow coloration that sets them apart from most other freshwater tropical aquarium fish commonly found within the hobby. They range in appearance from a light tan / yellow color, to a deeper goldish / yellow coloration depending on aquarium conditions, lighting and food sources. Their unique swimming style combined with their ability to perch on rocks, plants, driftwood, etc. make them entertaining to watch. If enough naturally occurring algae is not present within the aquarium, Golden Chinese Algae Eater’s can also be fed sinking algae wafers and pellets.
*Note: They will not eat Fish Poop
Scientific Name: Gyrinocheilos aymonieri
Adult Size of fish – inches: 10 Inches
Lifespan: 10 years.
Aquarium Hardiness: hardy
Aquarist Experience Level: Basic