Melon Barb | Adult | Mixed Gender
- Minimum Tank Size: 30 gal (113 L)
- Substrate Type: Any
- Lighting Needs: Moderate – normal lighting
- Temperature: 73.0 to 79.0° F (22.8 to 26.1° C)
- Breeding Temperature: – Breeding temperatures are between 74 and 79° F (24 – 26° C).
- Range ph: 6.5-7.0
- Hardness Range: 2 – 18 dGH
- Brackish: No
- Water Movement: Moderate
- Water Region: All – These fish will swim in all areas of the aquarium
Melon Barb is generally a peaceful species that is an excellent fish for the community-planted aquarium. It is known for its active nature as well as the striking red-pink coloration that males display, particularly while competing for the attention of females. This fish is also somewhat versatile regarding water parameters and is native to many shallow rivers, streams, and lakes in southern India.
Scientific Name: Haludaria Fasciata
Adult Size of fish : 2.4 – 2.8 inches (6 – 7 cm)
Lifespan: 4 years – Their average lifespan is 4 years, but with proper care, they could live between 5 and 7 years.
Aquarium Hardiness: Moderately hardy
Aquarist Experience Level: Beginner