Otocinclus Catfish Affinus | Adult
₹250.00 – ₹3,300.00 /Pack
- Minimum Tank Size: 10 gal (38 L) – A 10-gallon tank is sufficient to hold the small school this species requires to be comfortable.
- Substrate Type: Any
- Lighting Needs: Moderate – normal lighting
- Temperature: 71.6 to 79.0° F (22.0 to 25.0° C)
- Range ph: 6.8 – 7.5
- Hardness Range: 3 – 25 dGH
- Brackish: No
- Water Movement: Moderate to High
- Water Region: Bottom or on your Glass
- Main Algae Consumption Types : Brown Algae , Green Algae
- Other Algae Consumption: Rarely consumed, if no food or Preferred algae Available
The Otocinclus Catfish is an amazing little scavenger for freshwater aquariums. Otocinclus Catfish may also be sold as: Otos, Oto Catfish, Otto Cats, Ottos, Dwarf Suckermouths, Dwarf Oto, Dwarf Ottos, Dwarf Suckers, Algae Scrapers, Macrotocinclus affinis and Otocinclus affinis. Although Otocinclus Catfish are algae eaters, they should not be confused with other similar looking fish also sold as “algae eaters” including: Chinese Algae Eaters, Siamese Algae Eaters and Siamese Flying Fox.
*Note: They will not eat Fish Poop
Scientific Name: Macrotocinclus Affinus
Adult Size of fish – inches: 2
Lifespan: 4 years – They have a lifespan of 3 to 5 years.
Aquarium Hardiness: Soft Species
Aquarist Experience Level: Intermediate