Rathbun’s Blood Fin Tetra | Adult
₹600.00 – ₹5,550.00 /Pack
- Minimum Tank Size: 15 gal (57 L) – A school of 6 will do best in about a 20-gallon aquarium.
- Substrate Type: Any
- Lighting Needs: Low – subdued lighting
- Temperature: 20-26 deg C (68-79 deg F)
- Breeding Temperature: 80.0° F – These fish need a spawning temperature of 80 to 82° F (26.6 – 28° C).
- Range ph: 5.5-7.5 – Though they can be kept in slightly alkaline water, they tend to be more colorful when their water is more acidic.
- Hardness Range: 5 – 19 dGH
- Brackish: No
- Water Movement: Weak
- Water Region: All – will inhabit all areas of the aquarium.
The Rathbun’s Bloodfin Tetra is known from a huge variety of different habitats amongst the tributaries of the Rio Paraguay in South America, which themselves undergo large seasonal changes. As such, this species is adaptable to quite a wide range of aquarium conditions, although extremes should be avoided. A good amount of shady areas created with bogwood and plant cover, including floating species, will be much appreciated. As a shoaling species, Rathbun’s Bloodfin Tetras should be kept in groups of 6 or more of their own kind, ideally with more females than males. These beautiful fish are sometimes overlooked because they tend not to show their best colors until settled into a secure planted environment. Also, juveniles will often appear drab in comparison to stunning mature specimens. On the whole, Rathbun’s Bloodfin Tetras are mostly peaceful, although they cannot be trusted with fancy long-finned fish. May also be seen on sale as the Green Fire Tetra or simply Rathbun’s Bloodfin.
Scientific Name: Aphyocharax stramineus
Adult Size of fish – inches: 1.6
Lifespan: 5 years – They have a lifespan of 3 to 5 years.
Aquarium Hardiness: hardy
Aquarist Experience Level: Basic