Out of stock
- Minimum Tank Size: 30 gal (113 L)
- Substrate Type: Any
- Lighting Needs: Moderate – normal lighting
- Temperature: 73.0 to 79.0° F (22.8 to 26.1° C)
- Breeding Temperature: – Breeding temperatures are between 74 and 82.4° F (24 – 28° C).
- Range ph: 6.5-7.5
- Hardness Range: 4 – 18 dGH
- Brackish: No
- Water Movement: Moderate
- Water Region: All – These fish will swim in all areas of the aquarium.
The Rosy Barb is one of the hardiest barbs & larger Barbs that can grow up to 6 inches in the wild. The male is red and gold with black spots near the rear and at the dorsal fin. The female lacks the red color and is mostly golden. They prefer a well-planted tank of at least 30 gallons with soft, slightly acidic water. The Rosy Barb is a schooling fish and enjoys being in numbers.
Scientific Name: Pethia Conchonius
Adult Size of fish – inches: 6 Inches
Lifespan: 5 years.
Aquarium Hardiness: Very hardy
Aquarist Experience Level: Beginner