Siamese Algae Eater | Juvenile
₹100.00 – ₹1,080.00 /Pack
- Minimum Tank Size: 20 gal (76 L) – A 10-gallon tank is sufficient to hold the small school this species requires to be comfortable.
- Substrate Type: Any
- Lighting Needs: Moderate – normal lighting
- Temperature: 71.0 to 82.4° F (22.0 to 27.0° C)
- Range ph: 6.0-8.0
- Hardness Range: 5 – 20 dGH
- Brackish: No
- Water Movement: Moderate
- Water Region: bottom and on the Glass
- Main Algae Consumption Types : Green Hair Algae , Black Beard Algae
- Other Algae Consumption: Rarely consumed, if no food or Preferred algae Available
The Siamese algae-eater has a black horizontal stripe extending from opercle to tail. The stripe can fade to camouflage the fish against its surroundings. Experienced aquarists know the true value of the silver-grey colored striped fish known as the Siamese Algae Eater. These aquatic eating-machines are some of the best algae eaters in the trade. You don’t have to wait for an outbreak before adding an algae eater to your community aquarium, and one of the best options for peaceful planted tanks are the active and irrepressible Siamese Algae Eater.
*Note: They will not eat Fish Poop
Scientific Name: Crossocheilus Oblongus
Adult Size of fish – inches: 6 Inches
Lifespan: 10 years.
Aquarium Hardiness: hardy
Aquarist Experience Level: Basic