White Fin Tetra | Adult
₹180.00 – ₹2,025.00 /Pack
- Minimum Tank Size: 15 gal (57 L) – A school of 6 will do best in a 15- to 20- gallon aquarium.
- Substrate Type: Any
- Lighting Needs: Low – subdued lighting
- Temperature: 73.0 to 82.0° F (22.8 to 27.8° C)
- Breeding Temperature: 75.0° F – These fish will spawn at 75 to 78.8° F (24 to 26° C).
- Range ph: 6.6-7.8 – If specimens are wild-caught, they should be kept within the range of 6.6-7.2.
- Hardness Range: 3 – 12 DGH
- Brackish: No
- Water Movement: Weak
- Water Region: All – Ornate Tetras will inhabit all areas of the aquarium, but they usually will spend a good deal of their time in the upper or middle or regions.
White Fin Tetra comes from slow-moving creeks that branch off of the Amazon River of South America. The tributaries of the Amazon River are usually densely vegetated. These fish are found in areas shaded by the forest canopy where they feed mainly on small invertebrates. Its coloration and appearance are very similar to its close relative, the Rosy Tetra, with the differences being quite subtle. Both fish have a pink-to-deep-salmon body-color, though the White Fin Tetra will often appear more transparent. Both species also have dark red markings on their fins. The White Fin Tetra has a faint grayish ‘shoulder patch,’ which is absent on the Rosy Tetra. Scientific Name: Hyphessobrycon Bentosi Adult Size of fish – inches: 3.0 inches (7.49 cm) – Occasionally, it can reach up to 3 inches (7.5 cm), but generally it is about 2 inches (5 cm) in the aquarium. Lifespan: 5 years – They have a lifespan of 3 to 5 years. Aquarium Hardiness: Moderately hardy Aquarist Experience Level: Intermediate